Wednesday, 30 May 2012

Diamonds aren't my best friend, but I think I'm a girl

I love to wear lots of jewellery. Thrown on a pile, they make me feel sophisticated and like a pirate's mount of treasure

  
However, I do have to confess, I absolutely adore the cheapest of the cheap. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate a beautifully crafted a watch or whatever it may be, but the feeling of a brassy ring turning my finger green on a warm summer's day, can't express it! Anyone know what I mean? Most of my collection is made up of high street pieces and vintage, I own nothing expensive. Oh, and I have never bought a piece from the high street for full price, because why would you? It all goes on sale!

I thought it might be nice if I showed you just some looks and pieces I love wearing. These are by no means my collection, just my current favourites!

Everyday: Day to Night
Gold hoops- New Look 
Gold Thick Chain- modified from Topshop

I love this kind of look as it reminds me of the tacky hated fashion trends of the 80's/90's. It makes me feel as cool as an urban girl from some cool city like New York, is that a bit sad? I find this combo really goes with most casual things I wear (often t-shirt and jazzy skirt) I just like it, so cheap and dirty 

ANIMALS!!!!
 
The amount I love animal accessories is despicable, frankly. This is but a fragment of a wide collection of animal themed pieces. Its a combination of adoring animals and detailed pieces. I always like the metals used to make this kind of jewellery. It tends to be bronzey and worn looking, which I think looks really subtle and interesting.

 Work

My pieces at work have to be subtle. However, I like to express myself through interesting shapes, colours and combinations. I can't wear any statement pieces, but I love to rock some boho like colours, interesting shapes, and just simple layered key bits. 

Jewellery is such a personal thing, and I think it highlights style more than anything else you wear. I love looking at what people choose to wear, I hope you enjoyed this post!


4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I don't own diamonds, still, last time I checked I was a girl haha.

    You have a really cool blog here. Do you want to follow each other, I would love that.
    Tereza
    http://drastic-plastic-fantastic-plastic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks doll, I love your blog, already following!xx

      Delete
  2. I love cheap too!!! Cheap everything.. then you can wear the hell out of it and not worry about ruining it!

    http://jimpricute.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly, topshop jewellery sales all the way! x

      Delete